Phaco handpiece is a very fragile part of the phacoemulsification machine. It is critical to handle it properly before, during, and after surgery in order to increase its longevity and life span. Performing the cleaning after each surgery is very important.
Below are the Alcon Centurion Phaco handpiece 8065751761 manual cleaning procedure instructions.
- Remove the irrigation and aspiration tubing from the handpiece.
- Unplug the handpiece connector from the console and install the protective cap.
- Remove the infusion sleeve and tip from the handpiece using a tip wrench and discard according to surgical facility guidelines.
- Wipe any residue from the handpiece with a soft, clean, lint free non-abrasive cloth and rinse the handpiece with room temperature sterile, deionized water to remove any remaining debris. If necessary, wash the exterior of the handpiece using a soft bristled cleaning brush.
- Using a syringe, push a minimum of 120cc of room temperature sterile, deionized water through both the irrigation and aspiration paths.
- Using the same syringe, flush both ports with a minimum of 60cc of air.
- Dry the exterior surfaces of the handpiece and cable with a soft, clean, lint free non-abrasive cloth.
- Visually inspect to ensure the handpiece is clean and dry. Repeat the process as needed.
- Place the cleaned handpiece and cable in an autoclave tray to prevent damage to connector and handpiece during storage and autoclaving or wrap to prevent damage in preparation for autoclaving.
After you are finished with the manual cleaning it’s time for sterilization.
CAUTION: DO NOT STERILIZE THE HANDPIECE PRIOR TO PERFORMING THE CLEANING PROCEDURE DESCRIBED ABOVE.
You will find the sterilization manual in the pdf below.
So if you came here either looking for Alcon Centurion Phaco handpiece 8065751761 cleaning instructions or Alcon Centurion Phaco handpiece 8065751761 IFU Instructions for Use, the most important thing is to follow the manufacturer’s instructions, which may be found on the brochure that came with the phaco handpiece when you bought it.
Even while the majority of these instructions may be applied to any brand of phaco handpiece and any model, each one has its own set of characteristics, therefore you should only use the instructions from the booklet.
You can find the Alcon Centurion Phaco handpiece 8065751761 Cleaning Instructions and Alcon Centurion Phaco handpiece 8065751761 Instructions for Use IFU, as these are found on the inserted leaflet below.
DISCLAIMER: USERS MUST ONLY FOLLOW MANUFACTURERS DIRECTIONS FOR CLEANING AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE.